Saturday, March 15, 2008

Goodbye Friend

Our family went to Robert Wimberley's funeral this morning. There were many testimonies from friends and family about Robert. I learned about a new side of him. He was a great dad. He was a great friend. And he truly loved the Lord.

I always liked talking to him. He made me smile. But listening to everyone, I realized I really didn't really appreciate the great guy that he was.

Steph was struggling with watching Aaron. He was hurting so much and was trying very hard to keep it together. At the end of the service, he presented his mom with the American flag in his full uniform. It was ridiculous how much sniffling you could hear in that chapel. If you were able to keep it together during Tom Hellier saying he has lost his 2 best friends in 2 months, his kids testimonies, and through Doug singing "I can only Imagine", you just plain gave up at the end.

It was a very nice service. Valerie handled it well. She has a lot of family support and that's good.
Josh, Aaron & Steph were the 3 Amigos for a long time and it was nice to see them together again...
this is Aaron & Kyleigh's baby, Elijah. He was adorable!!
I have started making notes and plans for my funeral. I'm not being morbid, just realizing that none of us really have a guarantee of tomorrow.
And the controlling part of me wants to make sure things go the way I want them. lol.

No comments: