Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peace in the mountains

I have become quite lazy with my blog. :(

Our trip to Tennessee was amazing! We had a cabin in Sevierville, just a few miles from Pigeon Forge. It was a beautiful cabin with an incredible view! Ok, so far I have used: amazing, beautiful and incredible. Let me add 'awesome' and I think I may come close to say how our trip went.

We got to see the Stancos, the Councils, and friends from home, the Jones. God has blessed us beyond what we EVER imagined. Our friends are special to us, our marriage has grown and the trip was the 'icing on the cake'.
And to boot, I got to see snow for the first time! I made my first snowman, Fred and I hit each other with a snowball, and I got to just stand in the middle of trees and feel the snow fall! And then, after 30 mintues, I was ready to go in and warm up. he he!

Fred and I got to relax, didn't think too much about the things going on back home. We were reminded all around us about God's grace. The mountains, trees, the deer, racoons, the snow and the creekbeds. I had time to think and pray. It helped...

I took a ton of pics, if you go to my facebook page, you should be able to see them... let me know if the link doesn't work.



http://www.facebook.com/tos.php?api_key=423d17f114134aa521904f85f1146174&next=micro%2Ffive_things%3F%253Bperson_id%3D29525619%26entity_id%3D72616%26entity_type%3DBook%26five_thing_id%3D46105216%26ref2%3Dfeed-pick-your-five-image-2%26ref%3Dnf%26variant%3Dredacted-img-overlays&v=1.0#/album.php?aid=106014&id=508023988

1 comment:

Gentzlers said...

Congrats on seeing snow! Isn't it wonderful? (in moderation) tee hee
I'm glad you guys had some time away to yourselves!
Kathy