Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update on Mom

I was reviewing my blog post and realized I hadn't updated on Mom.
We went to her pulmonologist on Thursday. He said the nodules have grown an inch. That is very quickly. He will be doing a biopsy in a couple of weeks. His opinion, it grew TOO fast to be a tumor, could be an infection, though she hasn't had any fevers with it. It could also have something to do with her rheumatoid arthritis... bottom line, he doesn't know.

We are still adjusting. Some days good, others, not so... still trying to go through boxes. Fred is looking forward to having the patio room back to normal. (normal, hahaha)

I am trying to figure out how much control and in charge should I be of my mom. She is getting very forgetful, she wants me to be the one to communicate with her doctors, but at the same time, she is paranoid that people are keeping things from her. So I have to be careful that I don't look like I am taking over things she still wants control over. It's a delicate thing.

But God is in control of this situation as well. I know He is. And that gives me peace.

Isaiah 41:10

No comments: