Sunday, June 6, 2010

Interesting week....

Last Thursday, it was time to bring Fred's tower home. I met him at Tom's house with my car to attach the trailer. I would follow Fred home in his truck. Well, maybe 2 miles into the trip, Fred's truck stalls. just stops. I pull over, he finds a place to turn around. and 2 1/2 hours later, AAA tows the truck home for us. 
We  take the truck into the shop on Friday, get word that the timing chain broke.(we figured that) Getting it fixed. $500.  Get word on Saturday that there is still something wrong. Needs a new engine. They will look around to see how much it will cost. Now, this is a 1996 Isuzu.  Call back it's going to be over $3000. Sorry, the truck is not worth that. We will come and get it and start shopping for a used car. 
Plan was to get the truck home on Wednesday. But plans are made to be changed, right? 
I get a call from Fred. "now, don't freak out, but I am in the ER in Texarkana". NOT a good way to start a conversation with your wife.  He was at work when he got hit with severe abdominal pains.  About 5 hours and tests later, they send him home not sure of what is causing it, except they ruled out a bunch of stuff. So we know what he DOESN'T have.  Oh, and since his truck was in the shop, he was driving my car to work. I had to wait for Rachel to get off work and drive me to Texarkana, which is 1 hour away. ugh!
After he was released, we went to the base and jumped through hoops with the front gate so he could get the car. All this in a 6 day span.  And I thought things were going to be quiet once we settled here....
BUT God is faithful. He is going to get us through all this yuck. Fred is still not back to normal. He was having pains still yesterday, but hopefully the medicine he's on will get him better. We are supposed to go look for a car today. Fred HATES shopping for a vehicle, so it's not going to be a fun experience. 
We have money in savings (our 6months emergency fund) that we are going to use, so hopefully offering cash will get us a good deal. But the fact we are depleting the account has Fred stressed. So, guess who is going to look for a job sooner than she thought?  :)
So the prayer request is that I will find something that won't be too much time restraining, as I have mom to take care of.  I am her only transportation right now since we don't know anyone here yet.

No comments: