Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So sad


The Brandon community and beyond found out today that the pastor of Bell Shoals Baptist church was found, along with his 13 year old son, dead at his plane crash site.

I don't go to Bell Shoals and I never met the pastor. But this pastor was truly a man of God. He helped make the church one of the most thriving churches in the area, not just in numbers, but through missions here and abroad. He was a father to 6 kids, was very involved in social issues. He was trying to make a difference in this world.

I cannot even try to imagine what his congregation, staff or his family is going through. I didn't know him and have had a very heavy heart all day.

Fred called me to let me know the news and he said "we'll have to see what God is going to do with this". And that is so true. This tragedy is not for nothing.


But can I be of the flesh for a moment and say I don't understand? that I think this is such a waste? Why them? I mean, he was only 44 and his son just 13!!


I wish I could be eloquent enough to be here and say that "all things work for good..."
All I have is my life verse:

fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, YES I will help you.
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Please keep his family, his congregation and staff in your prayers. It's going to be tough for a while...

2 comments:

Council Family said...

It truely is a tragedy when ANYONE dies unexpectedly, but to lose your husband AND a son in one day is just unthinkable. Plus, he's the head of the church...keep me posted if there is any news of why it happened.

AC

Kbear and Jman said...

Tragic situation. God has a plan for it. And it may not be one that we ever see. It may that one person is touched by the reaction of the rest of the world. I will never understand that, but it isn't mine to understand. They will be in my prayers.