Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paper Chain Countdown....


This is a paper chain I and one of my students made. It's the days I have till I see Fred again. I also have a countdown on my kitchen calendar, my planner and my PDA. Obsessive much??

The first couple of weeks, I did pretty good. I even slept well at night, even though on the norm, I don't. So I thought, "ha, I can do this! no sweat!". Yeah, it only lasted a couple of weeks. I am miserable. I guess the best way to describe me right now is RESTLESS. I am SO ready to go.

My last day of work is this Friday. Even though the closing is not until March 31st, there are a lot of things I need to take care of that I didn't want a job to slow me down. Steph is moving into a new apt. this weekend (yay!) and I am hauling some of my furniture to her. Andy will be moving into his soccer coach's house sometime in the next 2 weeks and I want to help him with the transition. Mom still doesn't have a place, and quite frankly, I don't know what she is going to do. She has a lung biopsy scheduled for next week, so that will keep me busy for a couple of days.

Then, I will start preparing the house for the movers. I am going through tubs of stuff and consolidating, figuring out what will go with me and what will go on the truck. And we haven't found a house yet and our stuff may be going into storage, so I have to think long term what will we need....
I also want to take Andy and Steph to Disney one last time. THAT I am looking forward to!

And lastly, Becky and Tym are going to Israel for 2 weeks at the end of March and they have asked if I would stay with Matt and Katie. That works out great as my house will be empty after the 20th.

So the month of March will have me busy enough that I won't go crazy waiting. I DO NOT want to do this separation thing again. I absolutely hate it.

BY THE WAY, IT'S 38 DAYS!!!

No comments: