Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Last day at School

This is my "Posse".....
This past Friday was my last day of school. So I thought it would be appropriate to have us all dress like Texans and wear cowboy hats. (ok, I know I just did a stereotype, sue me!)
I bought all the kids in my class hats and bandannas. They went crazy over them! We walked into the cafeteria at lunch with our hats and all of the K5 classes (7 of them) went crazy shouting: ooohh! cowboys! The lunch ladies lost control of the room. And that was exactly the response I was looking for! See, my kids are an ESE class. Whether intentional or not, we sometimes get left out of stuff at school... so it was nice to have a spotlight on my class for a change.
PLUS, it was a great tool for good behavior. You could only wear your hat if you were a good listener!
Now, this fella was a guest of the school Friday.
Our school had a contest to raise money for the Cancer Society. Kids would give a $1 for a vote on which teacher or administrator would have to KISS the PIG. I don't know for sure, but I think it was rigged, cuz our Principal was the 'winner'.
The whole school got to go out in the field and watch Mr. Shields kiss this lovely. I missed it cuz I had to go to the office and pick up the pizza for my class that we ordered.... But the kids told me he did it!
I will miss the kids, MOST of them. One of the girls (the chubby one on the left) said she was going to Tx with me. I asked her if she got permission from her mom and she said YES! haha

I have a month still before I leave for Tx, but there is so much I have to get done, I really didn't want to have to work around my work schedule. And as it turned out, I quit at the right time. Mom has a lung biopsy this week. We spent half the day today doing pre op stuff and then we'll be at the hospital half the day again on Thursday. I would have had to ask for those 2 days off. This way, they already have a replacement for me and they aren't short handed.
I am going back on Friday morning. It's "Dr. Seuss" week this week and they are having green eggs and ham in the morning....can't miss that! lol


No comments: